This form should be completed by ALL parents or carers of learners aged 18 and under or aged 25 and under with an education, health and care (EHCP) plan.
College staff and learners aged 19+ will be required to give consent when taking the test.
If you have ticked "yes" to consent being given, the following applies:
- I have had the opportunity to consider the information provided by the college about the testing, ask questions and have had these answered satisfactorily, based on the information presented.
- I have discussed the testing with my child and my child is happy to participate. If on the day of testing they do not wish to take part, then they will not be made to do so and consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
- I consent to my child having a nose and throat swab for a lateral flow test.
- I consent that my child’s sample(s) will be tested for the presence of COVID-19.
- I understand that if my child’s result(s) are negative on the lateral flow test I will not be contacted by the school/college except where they/you are a close contact of a confirmed positive.
- If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I consent to my child having a nose and throat swab for confirmatory PCR testing, which shall be sent the same day to an NHS Test & Trace laboratory.
- I consent that my child will need to self-isolate following a positive lateral flow test result, until the results of the confirmatory PCR have been received.
- I agree that if my child’s test results are confirmed to be positive from this PCR test, I will report this to the college and I understand that my child will be required to self-isolate following public health advice.
- I consent that if a close contact of my child tests positive but my child has tested negative, they will continue to attend college but will be tested every day at college for 7 days.
Please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
The information you provide will be held securely in accordance with current data protection legislation which can be found here.
The information will be shared on a need-to-know basis with our Learner Mentor Team and our Health and Safety Team in order to best support you, and may also be shared with NHS Test and Trace and public health authorities if we are legally obliged to do so. If you have any concerns about what will happen to the information you have provided on this form please contact please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eastleigh College opens a rapid-turnaround onsite Covid-19 testing centre
Eastleigh College is offering rapid-turnaround lateral flow tests for learners and staff to help in the fight against Covid-19. Lateral flow tests can produce quick results and can be used to identify Covid-19 infection in those without symptoms (asymptomatic). It is hoped that running these tests across the college will result in faster detection of cases for learners and staff without symptoms, and therefore achieve a more effective prevention of infection. Read more.
The Prime Minister announced that GCSE and A level exams would not take place this summer, and that vocational examinations would continue as planned. We understand how disappointing and concerning this news is and the College seeks to reassure all learners, parents, guardians and employers that the College will seek to ensure no learner is disadvantaged and that we will work to provide as much information and guidance as possible as soon as information is available to us. Read more.