This form should be completed by ALL parents or carers of learners aged 18 and under or aged 25 and under with an education, health and care (EHCP) plan.
College staff and learners aged 19+ will be required to give consent when taking the test.
If you have ticked "yes" to consent being given, the following applies:
- I have had the opportunity to consider the information provided by the college about the testing, ask questions and have had these answered satisfactorily, based on the information presented.
- I have discussed the testing with my child and my child is happy to participate. If on the day of testing they do not wish to take part, then they will not be made to do so and consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
- I consent to my child having a nose and throat swab for a lateral flow test.
- I consent that my child’s sample(s) will be tested for the presence of COVID-19.
- I understand that if my child’s result(s) are negative on the lateral flow test I will not be contacted by the school/college except where they/you are a close contact of a confirmed positive.
- If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I consent to my child having a nose and throat swab for confirmatory PCR testing, which shall be sent the same day to an NHS Test & Trace laboratory.
- I consent that my child will need to self-isolate following a positive lateral flow test result, until the results of the confirmatory PCR have been received.
- I agree that if my child’s test results are confirmed to be positive from this PCR test, I will report this to the college and I understand that my child will be required to self-isolate following public health advice.
- I consent that if a close contact of my child tests positive but my child has tested negative, they will continue to attend college but will be tested every day at college for 7 days.
Please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
The information you provide will be held securely in accordance with current data protection legislation which can be found here.
The information will be shared on a need-to-know basis with our Learner Mentor Team and our Health and Safety Team in order to best support you, and may also be shared with NHS Test and Trace and public health authorities if we are legally obliged to do so. If you have any concerns about what will happen to the information you have provided on this form please contact please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eastleigh College in Top 50 Most Inclusive Workplaces Index 2021
The recent NCFD FREDIE Awards put Eastleigh College in 48th place in the Top 100 Most Inclusive Workplaces Index 2021. The College began working with the National Centre for Diversity (NCFD) in 2020 to further embed its workplace values of ambition, respect, resilience and professionalism in all college activities.
Digital focus for Eastleigh’s new deputy principal
Eastleigh College has appointed a new deputy principal who will be responsible for the delivery of a growing curriculum as well as spearheading the college’s digital development with learners and staff alike.