Our pledge has been developed in partnership with a number of our stakeholders and made possible by adjusting the normal use of our existing funding, and following positive dialogue with our funders about existing flexibilities. As a key anchor institution in our region we recognise our responsibility to both lead and proactively collaborate to deliver the following in the 2020/21 academic year:
- That we will train a minimum of 500 new apprentices.
- A guaranteed place for all eligible adults wanting to enrol on one of our flexible, supportive and high quality full or part time Access or Higher Education (HE) courses.
- A guaranteed place for all eligible full time 16-18 students whether school, or College leaver whose ambition is to pursue a professional or technical career through one of our courses.
- Committing Adult Skills funding to retraining, supporting the unemployed, upskilling, or to provide a pathway to an apprenticeship.
- Continuing to bring communities together by committing to maintaining and seeking to grow our regional Adult and Community Learning offer whether through socially distanced and / or online delivery methods.
- That we will provide a Covid secure learning environment which combined with our proven ability to deliver learning online will ensure we continue to meet government requirements. Therefore this will enable us to maintain all of our provision whether delivered onsite, online or a combination of both however the Covid-19 pandemic develops.
If you want to work with us, be trained by us, join forces with us or simply support us, please email email@example.com or use #c19pledge on social media. These accounts are monitored Monday to Friday 0900-1700 and we aim to respond in a maximum of two working days.
You can read our Covid-19 FAQs here.