What opportunities will this course give me?
This Apprenticeship will include the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to achieve Technician status with the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (EngTech LCIBSE).
What will I be learning?
Building Services Engineering Technicians job titles can include;
Assistant Project Engineer, Assistant Engineer or Building Services Site Technician. In the case of SME building services engineering specialist contractors the roles are likely to include Assistant Project Managers, Project Managers and Site Managers
The main duties and tasks of a Building Services Engineering Technician are:
• Supervision of the installation of environmental technologies into buildings
• Assisting design teams with building services engineering solutions on construction projects
• Supervision of specialist contractors
• Control of health and safety on construction projects
• Recording, control and reporting of progress on a construction project
• Minimisation of the environmental impact of construction projects
• Control the quality of works on a construction project
• Ensure compliance with contractual conditions on a project
Why is this course for me?
Apprentices are expected to attend Eastleigh College on a day release basis and will develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours through on and off-the-job training to include;
• Health & Safety
• Engineering Principles
• Construction Management
• Planning & Organising Work
• Monitor Quality
• Commitment to Code of Ethics
• Continuing Professional Development
• Commitment to Equality and Diversity
As part of the apprenticeship, learners will work towards the Level 4 HNC in Construction Built Environment awarded via the University of Portsmouth.
Apprentices will be successfully certificated for the apprenticeship after completion of an End Point Assessment (EPA).
What do I need to sign up?
Entry is subject to interview and assessment and you will need to have relevant employment. In addition, you need to have GCSEs in English and maths at grade C / 4 or higher, or a Functional Skills L2 in English and maths. You must also have a L3 or equivalent occupational qualification in the subject area of the apprenticeship.
Is there anything else I need to know?
This Apprenticeship is open to candidates of all ages above 18 years. If you are aged 19 or older, your employer will be required to co-fund the apprenticeship.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
|SBSE4||Eastleigh College||7/9/2020||TBC||09:00 – 19:00||35||Please Enquire||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any of our courses, the College has a dedicated Careers Advisor who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1014
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.