What opportunities will this course give me?
On completion of the apprenticeship the apprentice will have satisfied the requirements for registration as an Engineering Technician by the relevant professional engineering institution in accordance with the requirements of the Engineering Council as the registration body.
Progression from the Level 3 Apprenticeship could lead to higher level study.
What will I be learning?
A Civil Engineering Technician provides technical support to engineers and other construction professionals in the design, development, construction, commissioning, decommissioning, operation or maintenance of the built environment and infrastructure.
Civil Engineering Technicians assist with the design, analysis, site engineering and project delivery which can cover a number a multitude of industry sectors.
Why is this course for me?
The apprenticeship standard covers the core skills, knowledge and behaviours to demonstrate competency of Civil Engineering Technician and covers key requirements to include:
• Select and use appropriate scientific, technical and engineering principles, techniques and methods to contribute to the design and delivery of infrastructure and building projects.
• Work with others to contribute to produce integrated engineering solutions by the correct use of resources and time
• Manage and maintain the quality of their own work and that of others
• Communicate effectively and appropriately with others using a range of techniques
• Keep themselves and others safe by adhering to safe working practices
• Maintain their own skills base and learning
Apprentices will develop through on and off-the-job learning and are expected to attend Eastleigh College on a day release basis and on successful completion of an end point will achieve a Level 3 Diploma in Civil Engineering.
The typical duration of this apprenticeship is expected to be 36 months.
Your progress will be continuously monitored and supported by an Apprenticeship Officer.
What do I need to sign up?
Entry is subject to interview and assessment and you will need to have relevant employment. In addition, you will need to have 4 GCSEs at grade C/4 or higher, including English & Maths.
Is there anything else I need to know?
This is an apprenticeship standard and, as such, will require success at an independent End Point Assessment to conclude the programme. Details of the EPA and the full list of knowledge, skills & behaviours to be developed and demonstrated over the duration of the course can be found here: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/civil-engineering-technician-v1-0
We can also add on any NVQ of an equivalent level within the construction remit for example Construction Contracting Operations, Built Environment and Design or Civil Engineering for Technicians
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
06/09/2021 - Apply Now
|STCV3||Eastleigh College||06/09/2021||TBC||TBC – TBC||35||Please Enquire||Apply now|
|STCV3||Eastleigh College||12/09/2022||TBC||TBC – TBC||35||Please Enquire||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any of our courses, the College has a dedicated Careers Advisor who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1014