What opportunities will this course give me?
After successful completion of this course you will be ready for employment, an apprenticeship or further higher-level study.
What will I be learning?
We will work with you to create opportunities to allow individuals a taste of working life while developing personal work ready skills relevant to an appropriate vocational sector and topping up Maths & English. In addition to supporting a flexible interaction and engagement between individuals and employers in order to secure a young persons progression to a positive outcome as quickly as possible.
Why is this course for me?
Traineeships are a short full-time education and training programme offering a steppingstone development opportunity to support young people in developing skills, attitude and experiences whose have a preference in finding a job or apprenticeship but who may currently need to enhance the skills, experience or behaviours sought by employers.
It is suitable for individuals who:
• Have not previously presented well as a FT student, but a work setting has the potential to allow the candidate to thrive
• Are offered an employer placement later in the year, when we can't accept new start apprentices
• are not currently in full-time employment and have little work experience, but who are focused on work
• believe they have a reasonable chance of being ready for an apprenticeship or other employment within 6 months
How will my learning be enhanced?
You will be supported to develop your math, English and work ready skills alongside a high quality, hands-on work placement while developing your confidence and Customer Service skills
Your programme will be made up of four core elements shared over a full week:
• A focused period of work preparation training, covering areas like CV writing, interview preparation, job search and inter-personal skills.
• A minimum of 70hrs quality work placement with an employer to give meaningful work experience and an opportunity to develop workplace skills with the potential to support progression into full-time work and or an apprenticeship.
• A basic skills element with English, maths and digital development where needed.
• Flexible vocational learning and development with a focus on preparing the trainee for occupational standards within apprenticeships or occupation specific employment, depending on the needs of the young person and linked to the local labour market.
Why is Eastleigh College my best choice?
At Eastleigh College Traineeships are tailored to the individual and have the flexibility to offer a blended learning approach. You will be supported by your tutor throughout the Traineeship to ensure that you are on track to develop your skills, confidence and experience ready to enter the workplace or continue to further education.
What do I need to sign up?
To gain access to the Traineeship you must be ready and willing to work at Level 2 or have GCSE grade 2 or higher, be ready for the workplace, be motivated and career focussed and have an idea of your progression route.
Apply through the college website. You must be eligible to work in England
Is there anything else I need to know?
Traineeships are delivered through a blend of tutor led face to face sessions and a commitment to independent study. Learning is supported by directed tutorials and course materials through the college's virtual learning environment for either 2 mornings or afternoons each week. This sits alongside a 3 day a week work experience placement to support your individual career development.
Learners who have not yet achieved a GCSE grade 9 to 4 (equivalent to A*-C) in English and/or maths will need to continue to study these subjects towards achieving those qualifications as part of their study programme.
• Learners aged 16-24 who have not already achieved GCSE Grade 4 or a Functional Skills Level 2 in English or Maths will be required to study Functional Skills at an appropriate level.
• Learners aged 16-24 who have already achieved GCSE Grade 9-4 , or a Functional Skills Pass at Level 2 in English and/or Maths will not be required to undertake further study in these areas but will be required to undertake additional development during this time.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
|TES3||Eastleigh College||12/12/2022||Mon & Tue||–||20||You may be eligible for fee funding - please enquire for details||-||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
Contact the Brand, Engagement and Learner Recruitment Team for further guidance - email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 8091 1000.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Adult students on a career path are positive about going to university
According to figures recently reported by UCAS, the total number of applicants wishing to start university in September hit a new high. The findings coincide with the results of an exit poll of 250 adult learners from Eastleigh College in which 98% agreed that ‘My course will enable me to develop a new career’.