What opportunities will this course give me?
On completion and achievement of the Standard, progression routes will be provided and discussed with the individual to enable them to make informed choices about continuous professional development.
What will I be learning?
Advanced and Creative Hair Professionals are creative, passionate, and driven professionals who work without supervision, managing themselves and others when required. They provide a quality service, whilst working to the highest standards and continuously developing their personal and professional skills.
An Advanced and Creative Hair Professional:
• demonstrates professionalism by maintaining confidentiality and discretion
• researches fashion forward trends, using the results to create, plan and promote a collection of hairstyle looks that reflects their own individuality
• analyses the factors that influence the design and creation of the collection of hairstyle looks, including the target audience
• designs a range of looks to create a fashion forward collection of hairstyle looks
• maintains effective and safe methods of working
• uses and adapt a range of sectioning and cutting guidelines, creative and precision
techniques and technical skills to create and enhance the collection of hairstyle looks
• carries out precision and personalised cutting tailored to individual client characteristics
• formulates imaginative creative advanced colour conversion services to change the depth and tone of the hair
• uses a range of creative finishing and dressing techniques, advanced creative colouring techniques to enhance the collection of hairstyle looks
• presents, showcases and promotes their skills though their collection of hairstyle looks via a variety of media types and platforms
• provides a smoothing strengthening service to clients
• carries out in-depth consultation and complex analysis of the hair
• uses and applies the products, tools and equipment, in accordance with legal requirements, manufacturers' instructions and salon policy
• provides advice on future services and products
• evaluates the results of the service to improve further practice
Why is this course for me?
Apprentices will develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours through on and off-the-job learning and are expected to attend Eastleigh College on a day release basis.
Apprentices will enhance their knowledge and skills in areas to include:
• Using fashion forward trends in hair, creative and precision techniques to create a collection of hairstyle looks
• Smoothing and strengthening services
• Advanced creative colour conversion
The apprenticeship standard has a minimum duration of 12 months and apprentices will achieve certification through completion of an independent End Point Assessment.
Unless exempt on entry, apprentices will be required to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills in English & Maths prior to undertaking end point assessment.
Your progress will be continuously monitored and supported by a Trainer.
What do I need to sign up?
Entry is subject to interview and assessment. You will need to have relevant employment and have achieved a Level 2 hairdressing qualification. In addition, you need to have 4 GCSEs at grade D or higher, including English and Maths, or be able to demonstrate ability equivalent to, or exceeding Level 1 in English and Maths.
Is there anything else I need to know?
The apprenticeship end-point assessment is the final evaluation stage of your apprenticeship program at Eastleigh College. It's designed to determine whether you have achieved the knowledge, skills, and behaviours required to meet the apprenticeship standard and perform the job role independently.
Depending on the standard, we assess your competence through various methods, such as practical exams, assignments, interviews, project work, presentations or observations and we will also evaluate your portfolio of evidence, which documents your learning and progress throughout your apprenticeship with us.
The end-point assessment must be taken at the end of your apprenticeship, and the results determine whether you have successfully completed the program and achieved the apprenticeship standard.
Successful completion of the end-point assessment is required to receive certification.
If you are a levy paying employer, the cost of training will be funded through your digital account. If you are a non-levy paying employer you will pay 5% of the cost of training. For full details on fees, or for any other enquiries please email email@example.com or call 023 8091 1000
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
|STHP3||Eastleigh College||11/9/2023||–||-||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
Contact the Brand, Engagement and Learner Recruitment Team for further guidance - email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 8091 1000
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.