What opportunities will this course give me?
This programme is designed for individuals who wish to become employed in the plumbing industry but are just starting out and want a good, basic understanding of the plumbing trade.
On successful completion of the programme, students can progress onto BPEC Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing or an Apprenticeship, provided you have gained full-time employment in the plumbing industry.
What will I be learning?
The programme will cover the following:
• Understanding health and safety within building services engineering
• Understanding of the use of components and materials used
• Basic hot and cold systems designs and maintenance requirements
Practical skills including:
• Plumbing tools - Identifying and using a variety of hand tools to install and maintain plumbing systems
• Copper pipe work - Forming bends, soldering and connecting to various appliances
• Steel pipe work - Forming bends, cutting threads and installing a radiator
• Plastic pipe work - Including guttering, waste pipes and pressure pipe
• Maintenance - Repairing a variety of taps and valves
Why is this course for me?
The theory sessions provide you with new technical concepts and safe working practices and the practical sessions provide an opportunity for hands on experience. The practical sessions are assessed throughout the year. Theory exams are taken at stages throughout the year.
What do I need to sign up?
You will need to have gained a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade A*- E / 9-2 including English (D/3) and maths(C/4) or an equivalent qualification. In addition, you must have good attendance and attainment reports from your previous school or college. You will also need to successfully pass a college aptitude test and show enthusiasm and motivation to join the programme.
Is there anything else I need to know?
You will be required to purchase safety boots, Work trousers and note pads and pens/ pencils for the programme, together with text books in the first term.
Please contact Michael Lock, Plumbing and Gas Curriculum Manager on telephone (023) 8091 1114 for further information.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
|PLD1||Eastleigh College||12/09/2022||Full-Time||Full-Time||Full-Time||£1,766.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any of our courses, the College has a dedicated Careers Advisor who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1014