What opportunities will this course give me?
On completion of the course you can progress to NVQ Level 3 Site Supervision, or GNVQ Construction & The Built Environment, and take up first line management positions and other employment opportunities in the construction industry.
What will I be learning?
During the course you will work towards the following mandatory units:
- Contribute to establishing the operational area
- Contribute to the progress of operations
- Assist with the organisation of resources
Additional units for Site Work are
- Co-ordinate and install first and second fixing components and finishings
- Co-ordinate and erect structural carcassing components
Additional units for Bench Joinery are:
- Co-ordinate and produce details for joinery production
- Co-ordinate and manufacture joinery products. The qualification is a National Vocational Level 3 in wood work. It combines attendance at college with employment in the industry. This is a craft supervisory course and requires a certain amount of previous knowledge and ability. The Wood Occupations team all have a background in the construction industry, and come from various wood occupations as well as being qualified teachers and assessors. Practical training and assessment in the workshop. On completion you should be able to use hand tools, and powered hand tools to produce and install items such as doors, frames, lining, windows, roofs, fittings and units, partitions and cladding and more complex projects. You should also be able to plan and supervise projects.
Why is this course for me?
Practical training and assessment in the workshop. It combines attendance at college with employment in the industry. This is a craft supervisory course and requires a certain amount of previous knowledge and ability.
What do I need to sign up?
You will be required to complete an initial assessment in Maths.
Is there anything else I need to know?
This course is available to those who have achieved NVQ Level 2, and are employed within the construction industry. We offer a NVQ Level 3 in Site Work and Bench Joinery.
Steel toe cap boots, pen, pencil, A4 folder and lined paper.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
7/9/2020 - Apply Now
09:00 – 18:30
|ACA31||Eastleigh College||7/9/2020||Mon||09:00 – 18:30||34|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Information, Advice and Guidance team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1299.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.