Luke used his Business Administration course to excel in a career as an Account Manager for a finance company, complete with his own company car!READ FULL STORY…
This course is suitable for:
- those working in HR in a management role who wish to develop their knowledge and skills
- HR staff who do not have sufficient qualifications to undertake CIPD Advanced level qualifications
- those who are new to HR management
- people who are interested in a move into HR management
- line managers involved in HR, and those who have responsibility for HR activities in organisations without a specialist function
Studying this course will help to provide you with:
- a sound understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviour required of a professional HR manager
- an understanding of how HR activities support an organisations strategy and assist the achievement of business objectives
- an ability to analyse HR information and present findings to inform decision-making
Completion of the Certificate in HR Management provides the knowledge required for the Associate professional level of CIPD membership and you will be upgraded to Associate (Assoc CIPD) membership at the end of the course.
If you are interested in further study at this level, you can study additional optional units (totalling 9 credits) to achieve a Diploma in HRM. This top-up Diploma is available at Eastleigh College and can be studied concurrently or after completion of the Certificate In HR Practice.
Although there are no formal academic entry requirements, the course tutor will discuss your suitability for the course either before the course starts, or within the first few weeks.
You will need to be a CIPD student member whilst studying. This costs approximately 130 and the tutor will advise you of how to join at the start of the course.
The Certificate in HR Management provides a firm foundation in all areas of HR Management, as well as an understanding of HR in a business context. It will help you develop essential HR management skills and give you the confidence to be more effective at work.
Core units covered are:
- Business issues and the contexts of human resources
- Developing professional practice
- Using information in human resources
- Managing and coordinating the human resource function
Our selected Optional units are:
- Employment law
- Contemporary developments in employment relations
The Certificate in HR Practice is an intermediate level qualification and is designed to reflect the CIPD Profession Map. It is broadly equivalent to a NVQ Level 4 and requires a completed total of 32 credits.
This course is offered on a taught basis on a Thursday afternoon from 1300-1730 from week beginning 14th September 2017.
The Certificate in HR Management is split 50:50 between class based study and self study. College study will be a mixture of taught sessions, discussions and practical work. Apart from class time, you will need to spend an average of 4 hours per week undertaking research or completing assessment tasks.
Each unit will require completion of a mix of written and practical, skill-based assessments. These will be marked by your lecturer and be internally and externally verified.
Stationery and memory stick.
Recommended textbooks are available in the Learning Resource Centre but if you want to buy a suitable book you should allow approx. 40. The course tutor will provide details of this at the beginning of the course.
Our part-time open event is held every June. For specific dates and times please see the events section of our website or telephone 023 8091 1299.
Apply by clicking on the APPLY NOW link on this page. Alternatively, you can apply by completing an application form through our Information, Advice and Guidance team by telephone 023 8091 1299 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Fees will apply if you are over 18. You may be eligible for fee support or a loan. To find out an accurate cost, based on your individual circumstances, please contact our Information, Advice and Guidance team.
|CHR5||Eastleigh College||12/9/2019||Thu||12:45 – 17:30||35||Apply now|
|CHR5B||Eastleigh College||10/9/2019||Tue||17:15 – 22:00||35||Apply now|
|CHR5C||Eastleigh College||11/9/2019||Wed||17:15 – 22:00||35||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Information, Advice and Guidance team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1299.
Business Administration students have pitched their innovative ideas to Braishfield Pantry in a bid to boost profits and attract new customers.
Level 3 Business Administration students have been working in partnership with The Braishfield Pantry, a community shop and café based in Romsey, to help the organisation improve their profitability.
In a sector which is disproportionately led by males, Chief Executive and Principal of Eastleigh College, Dr Jan Edrich, recently chaired the Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) Annual Conference, speaking of her own journey to senior leadership, and to inspire the leaders of tomorrow.