What opportunities will this course give me?
After successfully completing this programme, students can progress onto a Level 3 Beauty Therapy course or other related programmes such as Level 2 Hairdressing.
You can also gain employment in a number of establishments such as salons, beauty complexes within hotels or in department stores.
What will I be learning?
Level 2 Beauty Therapy is made up of the following practical units:
- Provide facial skin care treatments: Cleansing, skin analysis, exfoliation, facial massage techniques, mask application, toning and moisturising
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes: Tinting eyelashes and brows, brow shaping, application of strip and individual lashes
- Carry out waxing services: Temporary hair removal from various parts of the body using hot & warm wax
- Provide manicure and pedicure services: Shaping nails, cuticle work, paraffin wax, hand and foot masks, nail enamelling and hand and foot massage
- Provide make-up services: Day, evening and special occasion techniques
Plus additional units:
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce Health and Safety
- Promote additional products and services to customers
- Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
- Fulfil salon reception duties
Why is this course for me?
The programme will be taught by a team of highly qualified professionals and will include a mixture of practical and theory lessons in a working salon, supported by work experience. Training will include professional product knowledge (additional fees may apply). You will have the opportunity to take part in visits to trade shows, attend guest speaker seminars and excursions.
To be awarded the qualification you will need to successfully achieve the following assessments:
1. Graded practical assessments
2. Externally set and marked examinations
3. Externally set and internally marked graded synoptic assessment
What do I need to sign up?
You will need 4 GCSEs at grade A*-D or 9-3 including English and Maths or a proven achievement on a Level 1 programme such as Level 1 Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector (including Functional Skills). We will also consider attendance and attainment reports from previous education and a successful college interview.
Any student without a GCSE at grade A*-C or 9-4 in English or Maths will be required to continue with their English and Maths study at college.
You should have high standards of personal appearance and good communication skills as you will be required to work on a range of clients.
Is there anything else I need to know?
You will require a uniform with shoes - approximate cost is £85. A basic kit of tools and products is also required to allow you to practice at home and in College - price to be confirmed. Additional fees may be charged for trips or industry qualifications offered during the course.
Work experience placements will require students to plan and organise their own placement and travel. This is part of the necessary development and preparation for employment
|BTVA||Eastleigh College||7/9/2020||Full-Time||Full-Time||Full-Time||£1,715.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any of our courses, the College has a dedicated Careers Advisor who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1014
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.