Apprenticeships are a great way to get into a career of your choice; Humza has big plans for his future!READ FULL STORY…
Have a question?
It's often better to see what we do and seek answers from tutors!
Why not come along to one of our Open Evenings?
On completion of the course you can progress to NVQ Level 3 Site Supervision, or GNVQ Construction & The Built Environment, and take up first line management positions and other employment opportunities in the construction industry.
You will be required to complete an initial assessment in Maths.
During the course you will work towards the following mandatory units:
- Contribute to establishing the operational area
- Contribute to the progress of operations
- Assist with the organisation of resources
Additional units for Site Work are
- Co-ordinate and install first and second fixing components and finishings
- Co-ordinate and erect structural carcassing components
Additional units for Bench Joinery are:
- Co-ordinate and produce details for joinery production
- Co-ordinate and manufacture joinery products. The qualification is a National Vocational Level 3 in wood work. It combines attendance at college with employment in the industry. This is a craft supervisory course and requires a certain amount of previous knowledge and ability. The Wood Occupations team all have a background in the construction industry, and come from various wood occupations as well as being qualified teachers and assessors. Practical training and assessment in the workshop. On completion you should be able to use hand tools, and powered hand tools to produce and install items such as doors, frames, lining, windows, roofs, fittings and units, partitions and cladding and more complex projects. You should also be able to plan and supervise projects.
Practical training and assessment in the workshop. It combines attendance at college with employment in the industry. This is a craft supervisory course and requires a certain amount of previous knowledge and ability.
This course is available to those who have achieved NVQ Level 2, and are employed within the construction industry. We offer a NVQ Level 3 in Site Work and Bench Joinery.
Steel toe cap boots, pen, pencil, A4 folder and lined paper.
Our part-time open event is held every June. For specific dates and times please see the events section of our website or telephone 023 8091 1299.
Apply by clicking on the APPLY NOW link on this page. Alternatively, you can apply by completing an application form through our Information, Advice and Guidance team by telephone 023 8091 1299 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Fees will apply if you are over 18. You may be eligible for fee support or a loan. To find out an accurate cost, based on your individual circumstances, please contact our Information, Advice and Guidance team.
|ACA31||Eastleigh College||9/9/2019||Mon||09:00 – 18:30||34||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Information, Advice and Guidance team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1299.
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.
Accountancy student Sophie, has warmed the hearts of the community with her generous donations to care-leavers this Christmas.
In a sector which is disproportionately led by males, Chief Executive and Principal of Eastleigh College, Dr Jan Edrich, recently chaired the Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) Annual Conference, speaking of her own journey to senior leadership, and to inspire the leaders of tomorrow.