Apprenticeships are a great way to further your critical industry knowledge by studying at college and also undertaking your normal job role. Plus with the Governments’ focus on its growth, and the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy, there could also be an increased opportunity for your employer to fund your training, by spending their levy tax.
Here at Eastleigh College we offer two types of apprenticeships, designed to suit differing circumstances:
- Workbased Apprenticeships – best if you are in relevant, related work to the subject of the apprenticeship you wish to study, and require accreditation for the skills you already have
- Day/Block Release Apprenticeships (ECTA) – best if you need to learn a wide-range of new skills
There are four different levels of apprenticeship:
- Intermediate - equivalent to five good GCSE passes
- Advanced - equivalent to two A-level passes
- Higher - equivalent to the first stages of higher education, such as a foundation degree
- Degree - comparable to a Bachelors or Masters degree
Eastleigh College currently offers Apprenticeships at intermediate through to higher level, with development currently underway to offer degree apprenticeships.
View our Apprenticeships
To view the apprenticeships we have on offer, please click here and select the subject area you are interested in. Any Apprenticeships will then be shown in green.