Higher Education Progression
Support is available for learners wishing to progress onto Higher Education. The College provides:
- Higher education events such as UCAS conventions, student’s fresher’s fairs and local HE institutions visits
- Higher education information evenings (for students and parents)
- Higher education finance evenings (for students and parents)
- Individual support and workshops in applying via the UCAS system
- Support with developing a personal statement to support your UCAS application
- Careers and progression advice
Eastleigh College has a dedicated Careers Advisor. Students can book appointments for 1:1 advice and guidance for any support relating to careers, progression and making choices. Further support is also available through employability and progression workshops. In addition, further careers advice and information on progression opportunities is available within Google Classroom.
Learners can also make use of The National Careers Service, which is available to all adults, regardless of age, qualifications or employment status. They can be reached by calling 0800 1954 700 or via their website. They will be able to give learners first-hand independent advice and guidance by phone and online, or put you in touch with local independent advisers.