What opportunities will this course give me?
This course will enable you to extend your Photoshop skills and techniques and learn about more of the powerful tools that are available to you, such as Layer Masks and Blend Modes. It also shows you how to create impactful artwork and how to adapt it for different platforms.
Learners can progress to another of our Photoshop courses, attend a Photography course, or other leisure course offered by the college. Please browse the website for further details.
What will I be learning?
Build on the basics to improve your pictures still further, and explore the more creative side of Photoshop.
* use Photoshops powerful Selection tools to cut out parts of images and make a Composite Image
* discover more about the power of Layers create exciting artwork
* add atmosphere to an image by layering Textures
* increase your editing flexibility using Layer Masks
* learn how Layer Blend Modes offer a simple but impressive way to add interest
* create eye-catching Posters by combining Images, Graphics and Text
* give Text extra impact with special effects
* one design, different platforms - use Artboards to adapt your design for different devices and screens
* use the Brush tool to create a wide range of effects and make your own custom brushes
* create colourful Andy Warhol Pop-Art type images
A college certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the course.
Why is this course for me?
This course will help you build on your existing skills and learn further exciting and powerful techniques. We take a hands-on approach so that you learn by doing after watching techniques demonstrated using a data projector. There are helpful resources and a knowledgeable tutor to support you, and one-to-one guidance is given.
How will my learning be enhanced?
You will be taught by a tutor who will support you and help you get the most out of your experience on the course.
Why is Eastleigh College my best choice?
Here at Eastleigh College, we are proud of our comfortable, welcoming learning environment and community venues. Youll be alongside other learners who are keen to learn the same skills, opening you up to individuals with similar interests and mind-sets to you.
There is absolutely no pressure or expectations; we just want our learners to have the best time possible and leave feeling proud of their new skills.
What do I need to sign up?
The course is suitable for those who have already attended a basic five week course, or have some underpinning of Photoshop skills. It will build up the skills already taught on the Introduction course.
Is there anything else I need to know?
The college uses Adobe Photoshop CC running on Microsoft Windows PCs. This course is suitable for Mac users since Photoshop is very similar on Macs. Please note that Photoshop Elements is a different product and, although there are similarities, you will need to do some extra work at home to translate between the two.
Please bring a pen and paper/notepad. You do not need a camera, but you might want to bring a memory stick to save pictures that you've worked on in class.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers and course descriptions may be subject to change. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until all of the necessary enrolment paperwork is signed and any relevant fees are paid. The team will be in touch to discuss this with you, once your application has been processed.
Click an option below to see more details and to apply.
|C166B||Eastleigh College||09/01/2023||Mon||18:30 – 20:30||5||£95.00||£95.00||Apply now|
* Please note that although this tool looks to give customers the best indication of course costs, a final cost can only be confirmed once all submitted information is verified by our information, advice and guidance team.
Need some further advice?
If you require further advice and guidance about any course costs and/or the funding options available to you, the College has a dedicated Adult and Community Learning team who can be contacted on telephone 023 8091 1270.
The Equality Act
The College wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note all courses descriptions may be subject to change.