The information we collect about you and why we collect it
As part of your visit to one of the commercial areas of the College (such as East Avenue restaurant, The Avenue Hair & Beauty, the Gym or Motor Vehicle MOT and Servicing) we may store and use your personal details and information about your visit for the purposes of managing and operating that department. The personal details and information required to book your visit is as follows:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Vehicle registration (MOT and Servicing only)
We also use CCTV at our buildings for the purposes of crime prevention, security and health and safety and, accordingly, will capture imagery of visitors to the College (please see Visitor (including CCTV) Privacy Notice that covers this).
The legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information
We process this information on the basis of a contract for services.
How long we keep your personal information
As this information falls under the financial regulations of the College then we have a statutory requirement to keep it for six years following the financial year end the transaction occurs in.
How we share your personal information
We may also share your personal information with third parties who provide services to the College.
Worldpay / Barclaycard
Payment service providers to assist with the safe payment and receipt of your monies.
How we transfer your personal information outside Europe
We do not store or transfer your personal data outside Europe.
Automated decisions we take about you
We do not make automated decisions using this information.
You have a number of rights over your personal information, which are:
- the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy about the way your personal data is being used – please refer to the ICO’s website for further information about this (https://ico.org.uk/);
- the right to ask us what personal information about you we are holding and to have access to a copy of your personal information;
- the right to ask us to correct any errors in your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances such as where our use of your personal information is based on your consent and we have no other legal basis to use your personal information, to ask us to delete your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances such as where we no longer need your personal information, to request that we restrict the use that we are making of your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances, to ask us to review and explain our legitimate interests to you; and
- the right, where our use of your personal information is carried out for the purposes of an agreement with us and is carried out by automated means, to ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly-used, machine-readable format.