Job Vacancies Details
We are recruiting for an ambitious, professional, resilient and respectful:
Trainer in Plumbing and / or Gas
Salary: Up to £35,098 under the College’s sector leading flexible work, holiday and pay policy.
Hours: 37 per week, 52 weeks per year.
Benefits to Support Work Life Balance: 42 days annual leave + Bank holidays. Flexible work, holiday and pay options.
- Assist in providing an effective responsive support for learner’s on apprenticeships ensuring they remain on track.
- Undertaking onsite assessments to ensure learners are receiving the necessary skills and experience.
- Undertaking review with the learners and employer to support the learner on their learning journey.
- Checking learner’s competence against industry standards to enable them to gain their qualification.
- Highly motivated Plumber or Gas Engineer – with a range of industry experience.
- Either teaching experience or have supported apprentices in the work place.
- Well organised and hold an excellent range of communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft IT packages.
- NVQ Level 2/3 or C&G craft/advanced craft in related subject.
- ACS qualification.
- Assessors award or willingness to work towards.
- Minimum GCSE grade 4 / C in English & Maths or equivalent.
- Willingness to work towards teaching qualification / or to hold a teaching qualification.
Ideal attributes of applicant:
- You will be comfortable talking and engaging with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a highly organised, collaborative and enthusiastic team player.
- You will have a keen interest in our industry and willing to undergo further training and development.
- You will be ambitious and want to drive to maintain our high standards.
- You are ambitious, professional, respectful and resilient, thriving in a high trust and high performance culture.
- You can make a significant contribution in our mission to provide excellence and opportunity in both technical and professional education, training and apprenticeships.
Other Employee Benefits:
· Free Parking.
· Car Charging Points.
· Onsite Gym.
· Discounts on Motor Vehicle Services.
· Discounts on Hair & Beauty Treatments.
· Discounted Coffee shop and Restaurant.
· Flu Jab Voucher.
· Specsavers Voucher.
· Health & Wellbeing Support Services.
· Cycle to Work Scheme.
· Perkbox – Members Discount Website
If you are looking to make a career change, and get into teaching, we will fully support you to be successful by offering you the time to complete the course and 100% financial support towards the cost of the course; as a college we are committed to your personal development and our mission is to ensure that all members of our learning community grow and develop #BeBetter. Further information about transitioning to the FE sector can be found here: Share your skills and teach in further education - Teach in further education - gov.uk (campaign.gov.uk)
More details: Job Description & Person Specificiation