Job Vacancy Details
Sessional English or Maths Lecturer
Salary: £22.23 - £34.53 per hour (depending on qualifications and experience)
Start date: ASAP
A day in the life of…..
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative and inspiring Teacher of Mathematics or English to join our supportive and forward thinking Maths and English Departments. We deliver Functional Skills, GCSE and Level 3 Maths and English, across our Education programmes.
As part of the Maths Centre of Excellence we require previous experience in the delivery of GCSE Mathematics as essential, along with demonstration and experience of outstanding teaching practice.
The post would suit new entrants to the profession, as well as qualified teachers with experience of all responsibilities within a department.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team, focused on improving the standards of teaching, learning and achievement for young people and Adults
• Adaptable and able to teach across all Levels of Maths and English from Entry Level Functional Skills, GCSE English and Level 3 Maths
• Comfortable and confident working with young people and adults
• Previous experience in teaching Maths
• Knowledge of Microsoft IT packages
• A level /Level 3 in Maths and English
• Previous Experience in teaching Mathematics and English
• Qualified Teacher status or equivalent
Ideal attributes of applicant:
• Comfortable talking and engaging with young people
• Highly organised, enthusiastic, team player
• Good understanding of Exam Criteria to include emerging technology and a willingness to undergo further training and development,
Any other info.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for someone to join our successful Maths and English teams, we are at the top of the leader board in Hampshire for GCSE results and in the top 3 Nationally.
Further details:Job Description & Person Specification
Following a review of the recruitment process we are now requesting references prior to interview – please ensure when applying, you have provided the details of referees that cover the previous 5 years of employment and a character reference.
How to Apply
Should you be interested in any of our vacancies please complete the application below (2 parts) and send it to email@example.com.
Please ensure you return both parts to ensure your application is complete.
References are requested prior to interview – please ensure when applying, you have provided the details of referees that cover your previous 5 years of employment. If your references do not cover 5 years, please provide details of a character reference.
Please ensure you have read and understood our Privacy Notice for Staff before completing an Application Form.