Job Vacancies Details
Purchasing and Payments Assistant
Salary: £18,942 per annum/pro rata (FTE)
Hours: 29.6 per week (0.6 FTE)
Closing Date: 28th April 2019
Interviews: Week of 6th May 2019
Fixed Term for 12 months
A day in the life of Purchasing and Payments Assistant:
A normal day would be spent in the Finance office organising, coding and entering either purchase orders or purchase invoices onto the Finance accounting software. You will support the Finance team with day to day administration.
The nature of the work means that queries with various departments will arise which will involve you liaising with other departments either via the telephone or by visiting them personally in order to solve.
- Ability to work with others as part of an effective team and also working independently when organising your own workload
- Excellent communication skills whether face to face, in writing or via telephone or e-mail
- Basic financial knowledge & experience
- Good IT skills including use of MS Excel
- Purchase Ledger experience including use of accounting software
- GCSE English & Mathematics (grade A* to C) or equivalent Level 2 qualifications
- Business and/or Accounting Qualification – L2
Further details: Job Description & Person Specification
Following a review of the recruitment process we are now requesting references prior to interview – please ensure when applying, you have provided the details of referees that cover the previous 5 years of employment and a character reference.
How to Apply
Should you be interested in any of our vacancies please complete the application (2 parts) and send it to email@example.com or alternatively send an up to date CV with a covering letter
Please ensure you return both parts to ensure your application is complete.