Job Vacancies Details
Lecturer in Maths
Salary: Up to £34,917 per annum, pro rata – dependent on qualifications and experience
Hours: 22.2 per week (0.6FTE)
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: 18th October 2019
Part-Time / Permanent
A day in the life of…..
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative and inspiring Teacher of Mathematics to join our supportive and forward thinking Maths Department. We deliver Functional Skills, GCSE and Level 3 Maths, across our Education programmes.
As part of the Maths Centre of Excellence we require previous experience in the delivery of GCSE Mathematics as essential, along with demonstration and experience of outstanding teaching practice.
The post would suit new entrants to the profession, as well as qualified teachers with experience of all responsibilities within a department.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team, focused on improving the standards of teaching, learning and achievement for young people and Adults
- Able to teach across all Levels of Maths from Entry Level Functional Skills to Level 3 Maths
- Comfortable and Confident working with young people and adults
- Previous experience in teaching Maths
- Knowledge of Microsoft IT packages
- A level Maths
- Previous Experience in teaching Mathematics
- Qualified Teacher status or equivalent
- Level 2/GCSE or equivalent in English
Ideal attributes of applicant:
- Comfortable talking and engaging with young people,
- Highly organised
- Team player
- Good understanding of Exam Criteria to include emerging technology
- A willingness to undergo further training and development
Further information: Job Description & Person Specification
Following a review of the recruitment process we are now requesting references prior to interview – please ensure when applying, you have provided the details of referees that cover the previous 5 years of employment and a character reference.