Job Vacancies Details
Leisure Course Tutor - Sessional
Salary:£18.53 - £28.77 per hour (dep. on skills and experience)
Closing Date: 17th July
Interviews: Week of 29th July
Our sessional tutors prepare and provide quality guided tuition to a range of adults, setting up the room and facilities appropriately to enable conductive learning. Tutors ensure that the classes are fun, informative, and engaging to ensure learners continue to attend.
We are looking for Tutors in the following areas:
- Floristry tutor – to teach a variety of evening courses on themes such as Christmas, Easter and Summer Floristry starting from November 2019. Courses run for 5 weeks per theme, two hours a week
- French tutor – to teach evening courses for beginners and to further develop fluency and understanding of the French language starting in September 2019. Courses run for 30 weeks, two hours a week
- Holiday Spanish tutor – to teach an evening introduction to the Spanish language starting in January 2020. The course runs for 8 weeks, two hours a week
- German tutor – to teach evening courses for beginners and to further develop fluency and understanding of the German language, starting in September 2019. Courses run for 30 weeks, two hours a week.
- Introduction to British Sign Language tutor – to teach evening courses on sign language skills to enable learners to effectively communicate with deaf people, starting in January 2020. The course runs for 12 weeks, two hours a week.
- Jewellery tutor – to teach evening courses for beginners and improvers, and introduce learners to the basic techniques of jewellery making, starting from September 2019. Courses run for 8 weeks, two hours a week, plus some Saturday workshops.
- Personal Safety and Self-defence tutor – to teach a variety of short adult leisure and community learning daytime and evening courses starting from January 2020.
- Drama skills tutor – to teach daytime drama skills to adults with mild to moderate learning difficulties and/or disabilities, as part of our Adult Enrichment Programme. Courses start in September and will run during the daytime for between 5 and 10 weeks duration. Day of the week to be agreed.
- Basics of Counselling
Although previous teaching experience is not required, you should be confident in your ability to teach your skills to others and cater for the range of abilities of our learners.
You will have GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English and have the ability, passion and confidence to demonstrate a high level of expertise in your chosen subject.
Ideal attributes of applicant:
You are an assertive communicator, able to engage with a variety of adult learners. You are organised, enthusiastic, and willing to undergo further training and development if appropriate.
Any other info.
Classes attract a mixed ability of learners, wishing to accomplish a wide range of skills. All courses are for adult learners aged 18 and over. Courses run on the main college campus and external venues in the vicinity.
Further details:Job Description & Person Specification
Following a review of the recruitment process we are now requesting references prior to interview – please ensure when applying, you have provided the details of referees that cover the previous 5 years of employment and a character reference.
How to Apply
Should you be interested in any of our vacancies please complete the application (2 parts) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively send an up to date CV with a covering letter
Please ensure you return both parts to ensure your application is complete.