Job Vacancies Details
Lecturer in Refrigeration
Salary: Up to £34,917 per annum
Hours: 37 per week (1.0FTE)
Start date: September 2021
A day in the life of…..
Eastleigh College is looking for a lecturer to teach/assess Refrigeration and Air Conditioning in our Technology Faculty.
The successful candidate will be teaching, training and assessing those new to the industry. You will be qualified in a relevant Refrigeration disciplines to at least NVQ Level 2, however a level 3 would be an advantage or equivalent industry experience.
F- Gas and other refrigerant qualifications are desirable but training may be provided. You will be able to teach on courses for our full-time, part-time and apprentices and will deliver theory and practical subjects in the classroom and workshop environments.
- Experience working with young people/students and apprentices
- Experience of working within the industry preferably on-site
- Ideally teaching experience within the subject area
- Good understanding of the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning industry
- Proficient in Microsoft packages
- Ideally you will hold a Teaching Qualification (Cert Ed, PGCE or equivalent), however full training can be offered to achieve qualified teacher status for the right individual wishing to enter the teaching profession
- Level 2/GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
- A minimum of NVQ Level 2 (in related area)
- Relevant industry qualification
- Assessor and moderator/IV Awards desirable
Ideal attributes of applicant:
This role will require excellent communication and organisational skills, coupled with excellent refrigeration industry experience.
You must be highly motivated, work well in a team and be interested in supporting students to reach their desired goal.
Please note that if you have not been contacted 2 weeks after applying, please be advised you have been unsuccessful in your application for the post.
Please be advised that the post may be withdrawn at any point if a suitable applicant has been appointed.
Further details: Job Description & Person Specification
How to Apply
Should you be interested in any of our vacancies please complete the application (2 parts) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively send an up to date CV with a covering letter
Please ensure you return both parts to ensure your application is complete.