Job Vacancies Details
We are recruiting for an ambitious, professional, resilient and respectful:
Lecturer in Plumbing and Gas
Salary of £35,417 with Teachers Pension Scheme, or up to £43,804 with NEST Pension Scheme if accessing full flexible pay options.
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Benefits to Support Work Life Balance: 47 days annual leave + Bank holidays. Flexible work, holiday and pay options.
- Build learners understanding in both theory and practical knowledge.
- Teach on courses and work to develop an outstanding provision that has a positive impact on the learner and assessment process.
- Checking learner’s competence against industry standards to enable them to gain their qualification.
- To assist in the development of teaching and learning materials, preparing schemes of work, lesson plans and maintaining records to monitor learner progression, achievement and attendance.
If you are looking to make a career change, and get into teaching, we will fully support you to be successful by offering you the time to complete the course and 100% financial support towards the cost of the course; as a college we are committed to your personal development and our mission is to ensure that all members of our learning community grow and develop #BeBetter. Further information about transitioning to the FE sector can be found here: Share your skills and teach in further education - Teach in further education - gov.uk (campaign.gov.uk).
- Highly motivated Plumber or Gas Engineer – with a range of industry experience.
- Either teaching experience or have supported apprentices in the work place.
- Well organised and hold an excellent range of communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft IT packages.
- Qualified to Level 3 in plumbing/gas (or equivalent) and the relevant ACS or renewables competencies would be of an advantage.
- Minimum GCSE grade 4 / C in English & Maths or equivalent.
- Assessors award desirable.
- Willingness to work towards teaching qualification / or to hold a teaching qualification.
Ideal attributes of applicant:
- You will be comfortable talking and engaging with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a highly organised, collaborative and enthusiastic team player.
- You will have a keen interest in our industry and willing to undergo further training and development.
- You will be ambitious and want to drive to maintain our high standards.
- You are ambitious, professional, respectful and resilient, thriving in a high trust and high performance culture.
- You can make a significant contribution in our mission to provide excellence and opportunity in both technical and professional education, training and apprenticeships.
- 47 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Car Charging Points.
- Flexible Pay - Access to TPS or NEST pension schemes
- Flexible Holiday - Buy and Sell holiday options
- Flexible working - Working from home and hybrid delivery/working available
- Internal service discounts
- Health & Wellbeing Support Packages
Further details: Job Description & Person Specification