Job Vacancies Details
We are recruiting for an ambitious, professional, resilient and respectful:
Lecturer in Mathematics
Salary up to £35,417 per annum (up to £43,804 per annum if accessing full flexible pay options).
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Benefits to Support Work Life Balance: 47 days annual leave + Bank holidays. Flexible work, holiday and pay options.
- Teach on courses and work to develop an outstanding provision that has a positive impact on the learner and assessment process.
- To assist in the development of teaching and learning materials, preparing schemes of work, lesson plans and maintaining records to monitor learner progression, achievement and attendance.
- Provide appropriate and relevant guidance for learners enabling them to develop knowledge, understanding and skills.
- To develop and implement timely, safe, consistent and relevant assessment plans and resources that are linked to initial and current assessments.
- Highly motivated Mathematics professional with a range of teaching experience.
- Either teaching/tutoring experience with apprentices or full-time learners.
- Experience of teaching GCSE and Functional skills.
- Well organised and hold an excellent range of communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft IT packages.
- Minimum GCSE grade 4 / C in English & Maths or equivalent.
- Teaching qualification at level 4 or above (Cert ED, PGCE) or willingness to work towards teaching qualification.
- Mathematics qualification at level 3 or above.
Ideal attributes of applicant:
- You will be comfortable talking and engaging with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a highly organised, collaborative and enthusiastic team player.
- You will have a keen interest in our industry and willing to undergo further training and development.
- You will be ambitious and want to drive to maintain our high standards.
- You are ambitious, professional, respectful and resilient, thriving in a high trust and high performance culture.
- You can make a significant contribution in our mission to provide excellence and opportunity in both technical and professional education, training and apprenticeships.
- 47 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Car Charging Points.
- Flexible Pay - Access to TPS or NEST pension schemes
- Flexible Holiday - Buy and Sell Holiday options
- Flexible working - Working from Home and Hybrid delivery and hybrid Working
- Internal service discounts
- Health & Wellbeing Support Packages
If you are looking to make a career change, and get into teaching, we will fully support you to be successful by offering you the time to complete the course and 100% financial support towards the cost of the course; as a college we are committed to your personal development and our mission is to ensure that all members of our learning community grow and develop #BeBetter. Further information about transitioning to the FE sector can be found here: Share your skills and teach in further education - Teach in further education - gov.uk (campaign.gov.uk).
Further details: Job Description & Person Specification