Job Vacancies Details
We are recruiting for an ambitious, professional, resilient and respectful:
Lecturer in Heat Pump Installation
Salary up to £35,417 per annum (up to £43,804 per annum if accessing full flexible pay options).
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Benefits to Support Work Life Balance: 55 days annual leave + Bank holidays pro rata. Flexible work, holiday and pay options.
- Deliver BPEC heat pump installer training course across air & ground source heat pumps over a 16 week course.
- Provide training and assessment in appropriate disciplines to a range of learners on their selected programme.
- Be responsible for a case load of learners ensuring timely completion within agreed timescales.
- Support the tracking and recording of the vocational progress of learners on a regular basis and organise reviews in line with individual learning plans.
- To develop and implement timely, safe, consistent and relevant assessments, assessment plans and resources that are linked to initial and current assessments.
- Highly motivated professional in a Plumbing & Gas discipline with a range of industry experience.
- Either teaching/mentoring experience or have supported learners in the work place.
- Knowledge of water regulations, part L regulations, unvented.
- Well organised and hold an excellent range of communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft IT packages.
- Minimum GCSE grade 4 / C in English & Maths or equivalent.
- Minimum qualification at NVQ level 2/3 in plumbing or equivalent.
- Heat Pump qualification (air / ground source).
- A1 assessors award or equivalent.
- Internal Verifier award is desirable.
- Teaching qualification is desirable.
Ideal attributes of applicant:
- You will be comfortable talking and engaging with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a highly organised, collaborative and enthusiastic team player.
- You will have a keen interest in our industry and willing to undergo further training and development.
- You will be ambitious and want to drive to maintain our high standards.
- You are ambitious, professional, respectful and resilient, thriving in a high trust and high performance culture.
- You can make a significant contribution in our mission to provide excellence and opportunity in both technical and professional education, training and apprenticeships.
Other Employee Benefits:
- 55 days holiday + Bank Holidays pro rata.
- Car Charging Points.
- Flexible Pay - Access to TPS or NEST pension schemes.
- Flexible Holiday - Buy and Sell Holiday options.
- Flexible working - Working from Home and Hybrid delivery and hybrid Working.
- Internal service discounts.
- Health & Wellbeing Support Packages.
If you are looking to make a career change, and get into teaching, we will fully support you to be successful by offering you the time to complete the course and 100% financial support towards the cost of the course; as a college we are committed to your personal development and our mission is to ensure that all members of our learning community grow and develop #BeBetter. Further information about transitioning to the FE sector can be found here: Share your skills and teach in further education - Teach in further education - gov.uk (campaign.gov.uk).
Further details: Job Description & Person Specification