Job Vacancies Details
Salary: Up to £34,917 per annum
Hours: 37 per week (1.0FTE)
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: 13th December 2019
A day in the life of…..
Eastleigh College is looking for a lecturer to teach/assess gas within the gas assessment centre.
The successful candidate will be teaching, training and assessing those new to the industry and fully qualified gas safe registered engineers looking to renew their ACS qualifications or extend their range of qualifications held.
Subjects covered within the Gas Centre include: Core Gas Safety - combustion, gas pipe work, tightness testing and purging, flue systems recognition and testing, ventilation, gas controls, flue gas analysis, the full range of Domestic NG ACS elements, LPG Central Heating and Smart Metering.
- Experience working with young people/students and apprentices
- Experience of working within the industry preferably on-site
- Ideally teaching experience within the subject area
- Good understanding of the Gas industry
- Proficient in Microsoft packages
- Ideally you will hold a Teaching Qualification (Cert Ed, PGCE or equivalent), however full training can be offered to achieve qualified teacher status for the right individual wishing to enter the teaching profession
- Level 2/GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
- Gas Qualification (Category 1 Applicant for Gas Safe Registration)
- Relevant industry qualification
- Assessor and moderator/IV Awards desirable
- Degree in related subject
Ideal attributes of applicant:
This role will require excellent communication and organisational skills, coupled with excellent gas and refrigeration industry experience.
You must be highly motivated, work well in a team and be interested in supporting students to reach their desired goal.
How to Apply
More details: Job Description & Person Specification
Following a review of the recruitment process we are now requesting references prior to interview – please ensure when applying, you have provided the details of referees that cover the previous 5 years of employment and a character reference.
Should you be interested in any of our vacancies please complete the application (2 parts) and send it to email@example.com or alternatively send an up to date CV with a covering letter
Please ensure you return both parts to ensure your application is complete.