Job Vacancies Details
Salary: £19,491 per annum, pro rata
Hours: 30 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
Part-Time / Term-Time only
Closing Date: 4th September 2019
Start date: 30th September 2019
A day in the life of…..
Eastleigh College is looking for a Learner Mentor to support students’ attendance, retention and success by providing tailored services to support their individual needs. This includes providing pastoral support and referral to other services where required. You will be providing support to tutors with regard to attendance, and student progress as well as liaison with students and parents where cause for concern is identified.
You will support tutors and managers in the disciplinary process and take notes in meetings as required.
- You will possess good communication and planning & organising skills and be able to prioritise and manage your own time.
- Experience of supporting learners with learning difficulties and / or disabilities or specific learning difficulties.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance services in an educational setting
- Experience of providing pastoral support for students in an educational setting
- Understanding and awareness of Safeguarding and Child Protection processes
- Good IT skills are essential for this role.
- Qualifications at Level 3+. Such as Customer Service, Learner Support
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
Ideal attributes of applicant:
The ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders including young people, parent’s employers and managers. Enthusiastic, highly organised and an interest of the success of young people in education. You will be willing to undergo any further training as required.
Further Information: Job Description & Person Specification
How to Apply
Should you be interested in any of our vacancies please complete the application (2 parts) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively send an up to date CV with a covering letter
Please ensure you return both parts to ensure your application is complete.
Following a review of the recruitment process we are now requesting references prior to interview – please ensure when applying, you have provided the details of referees that cover the previous 5 years of employment and a character reference.