Job Vacancies Details
Salary: £22,484 per annum, pro rata
Hours: 0.6 FTE
Permanent - Part-Time
Start date: ASAP
A day in the life of…..
Working as a Job Coach, no two days will ever be the same! You will be managing your own caseload of students on the Supported Internship Programme (a programme for students with mild/moderate learning difficulties, physical disabilities or social and emotional difficulties who want to progress into employment and need some support to do so.) You will be supporting them in their work placements, developing their independence, confidence and employability skills for them ultimately to move into employment.
A typical day can include supporting a student to learn hands on skills packing in a warehouse, then travelling to visit another student to practice their customer service skills in a shop. You may then do some travel training with another student, complete a monthly review with another student to chart their progress and attend an interview or apply for a job with another all in one day!
Experience of working with people with learning difficulties and or disabilities
- Knowledge of employability skills
- Experience of working with employers
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of working with young people
- Good administrative skills
- Qualification in working with people with learning difficulties and or disabilities / supported employment / careers
- Maths and English Level 2 (or equivalent)
- Full driving licence is essential
Ideal attributes of applicant:
Flexibility and adaptability
- Comfortable with talking to and engaging with young people
- Highly organised
- Ability to deal with difficult situations as they arise and problem solve to tight deadlines
- Comfortable with engaging with employers, cold calling and negotiating work placements for the students and building up strong relationships with them
- Passionate about supporting and empowering the students to achieve their goals
- Willing to undergo further training as required to support the role
Further Information: Job Description & Person Specification
How to Apply
Should you be interested in any of our vacancies please complete the application (2 parts) and send it to email@example.com or alternatively send an up to date CV with a covering letter
Please ensure you return both parts to ensure your application is complete.
Following a review of the recruitment process we are now requesting references prior to interview – please ensure when applying, you have provided the details of referees that cover the previous 5 years of employment and a character reference.