Job Vacancies Details
On August 1st, 2023, City College Southampton, Eastleigh College and Fareham College have merged to form the South Hampshire College Group. This merger represents an exciting opportunity for the region’s students, offering defined pathways into employment, with employers benefiting from a more joined up approach that will create work ready employees aligned to the region’s growth agenda as well as a fresh start for all staff by embedding best practice, resources and cultures that will deliver an outstanding college. The merged group (who will all retain their campus names) will have a turnover of around £42 million and employ over 800 staff. Annually, the group would be responsible for the education and training of more than 3,600 students aged 16-19, over 1,200 apprentices and over 5,000 adults.
We are recruiting for an ambitious, professional, resilient and respectful:
French Tutor (Adult Community Learning)
Competitive salary ranging up to £36,803 (FTE) per annum/pro rata with Teachers Pension Scheme.
Up to 2 hours per week, 20 weeks per year.
Benefits to Support Work Life Balance: 50 days annual leave + bank holidays pro rata.
- As part of our team, you will prepare and provide quality guided tuition to a range of adult learners.
- Setting up room and facilities appropriately to enable effective learning environment.
- Ensure the class encompasses a fun, informative and engaging approach to ensure learners’ continued attendance.
- You should be confident in your ability to teach your skills to adults with a wide range of abilities.
- Highly motivated professional with knowledge and experience to deliver the topic to a range of adult learners.
- Either teaching/mentoring experience or have supported others in the work place is beneficial.
- Well organised and hold an excellent range of strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft IT packages.
- Minimum GCSE grade 4 / C in English & Maths or equivalent.
- Degree in related field or equivalent is desirable.
- Teaching qualification or equivalent is desirable.
Ideal attributes of applicant:
- You will be comfortable talking and engaging with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a highly organised, collaborative and enthusiastic team player.
- You will have a keen interest in our industry and willing to undergo further training and development.
- You will be ambitious and want to drive to maintain our high standards.
- You are ambitious, professional, respectful and resilient, thriving in a high trust and high performance culture.
- You can make a significant contribution in our mission to provide excellence and opportunity in both technical and professional education, training and apprenticeships.
- 50 days holiday + bank holidays pro rata
- Generous pension schemes
- Car charging points
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Online benefits platform
- Access to free onsite gym
- Discounts at our onsite salon and motor vehicle garage
- Annual staff awards
- Excellent development opportunities
Further details: Job Description & Person Specification
How to apply:
The college accepts CVs in the first instance, if you are invited to interview we will require additional information, a pro forma will be sent to you. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.