Job Vacancies Details
Estates Assistant / Administrator
Salary: £17,895 per annum/pro rata
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 18th August 2019
A day in the life of the Estates Assistant / Administrator:
A typical day will be spent with the Assistant Manager dealing with maintenance issues, moving furniture, collecting confidential waste bags and delivering goods / stationary. The team manages maintenance, waste disposal, security, vehicles, cleaning and catering across the College campus.
Typical duties will include:
- Operating the Goods In Office and stationary store which will include taking delivery of goods, receiving requests from staff and helping to fulfil those requests
- Processing and maintaining records associated with the services offered by the Estates team
- Reconciling records with invoices for approval.
You will be dealing with many different members of both the teaching and support staff and helping to maintain a high level of customer service to them at all times.
- Proven practical skills
- Able to demonstrate previous administrative experience
- Computer literacy skills using Microsoft Office for both written and numeric records
- Experience of dealing with customers, suppliers and service providers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills which will contribute to providing a first class service
- Previous experience of working with young people or in an educational environment is desirable but not essential
- Manual handling experience.
GCSE C+ (or level 2 equivalent) in English and Maths
Ideal attributes of applicant:
- Excellent communicator
- Strong team player
- Well organised
- Customer focused
Any other info.
Hours of work can be flexible to suit both the post holder and the College.
Eastleigh College is more than a place for learning; it is a community. We are a highly successful Further Education College employing approximately 500 staff. We offer a wide variety of technical and professional courses to over 22,000 learners across the country, providing them with the specific skills that employers are seeking. This includes a wide variety of full-time courses, part-time professional courses and Apprenticeships.
More details: Job Description & Person Specificiation
Following a review of the recruitment process we are now requesting references prior to interview – please ensure when applying, you have provided the details of referees that cover the previous 5 years of employment and a character reference.
How to Apply
Should you be interested in any of our vacancies please complete the application (2 parts) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively send an up to date CV with a covering letter