Job Vacancies Details
We are recruiting for an ambitious, professional, resilient and respectful:
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead & Designated Teacher
Salary of £34,400 per annum, up to £42,174 per annum if accessing full flexible pay options.
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Benefits to Support Work Life Balance: 28 days annual leave + Bank holidays. Flexible work, holiday and pay options.
- Successful management of safeguarding service processes and delivering correct support and guidance as required.
- Lead provision of targeted interventions and pastoral support for learners with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Lead and manage the processes and record keeping associated with Looked After Young People and Care Leavers.
- Manage the transition process for learners joining from schools or other KS4 provision.
- Oversee the inclusion of Care Experienced and Estranged learners and manage their support and development.
- Monitor and report monthly safeguarding data to Senior Managment and Governors.
- Knowledge of community, social and voluntary provision within the wider FE economy.
- Experience of supporting learners with learning difficulties or disabilities in post 16 sector
- Experience of working with young people facing mental health difficulties.
- Well organised and hold an excellent range of communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft IT packages.
- Minimum GCSE grade 4 / C in English & Maths or equivalent.
- Safeguarding qualifications.
- Degree qualification or equivalent level or experience of working in HE/FE sector.
Ideal attributes of applicant:
- You will be comfortable talking and engaging with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a highly organised, collaborative and enthusiastic team player.
- You will have a keen interest in our industry and willing to undergo further training and development.
- You will be ambitious and want to drive to maintain our high standards.
- You are ambitious, professional, respectful and resilient, thriving in a high trust and high performance culture.
- You can make a significant contribution in our mission to provide excellence and opportunity in both technical and professional education, training and apprenticeships.
- 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Car Charging Points
- Flexible Pay - Access to LGPS or NEST pension schemes
- Flexible Holiday - Buy and Sell Holiday options
- Flexible working - Working from Home and Hybrid delivery and hybrid Working
- Internal service discounts
- Health & Wellbeing Support Packages
Further details: Job Description & Person Specification