Job Vacancies Details
Lecturer in Carpentry (Site Carpentry)
Salary: Up to £34,917 per annum, pro rata – dependent on qualifications and experience
Hours: 37 per week, 52 weeks per year
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: 7th November 2019
A day in the life of…..
You will work with both full time learners and apprentices preparing them for work in site carpentry, you will be responsible for the planning of both workshop and theory sessions and once settled in, also have a tutor role for at least one group.
You will work as part of a highly experienced and dynamic teaching team who meet weekly to discuss learner progress and strategies to deliver the course content. The workshop and classroom spaces are fully equipped with modern equipment and tools. There is a departmental technician also on hand to prepare materials and the workshops for teaching as well as offer advice and support where needed.
- Working with young people, experience of working within the industry preferably on-site.
- Experience of teaching across a variety of Wood Occupational subjects at different levels would be a bonus.
- Any experience of modern apprentice “standards” would also be a bonus.
- A minimum a Level 3 NVQ in Site Joinery together with the relevant technical certificates.
- Level 2/GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
- Ideally you will be a qualified Lecturer/Trainer with a recognised teaching qualification. However full training can be offered to achieve qualified teacher status.
Ideal attributes of applicant:
Comfortable talking and engaging with young people, highly organised, enthusiastic, keen interest in preparing and advising young people starting in the industry, willing to undergo further training and development as required by the role.
Any other info:
There are three wood occupation workshops as well as a machine space that is fully equipped and a good team to support you when you start.
Further details: Job Description & Person Specification
Following a review of the recruitment process we are now requesting references prior to interview – please ensure when applying, you have provided the details of referees that cover the previous 5 years of employment and a character reference.
How to Apply
Should you be interested in any of our vacancies please complete the application (2 parts) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you return both parts to ensure your application is complete.