Job Vacancies Details
Assessor/IQA in Childcare
Salary: £24,504 - £25,966 dependant on skills and experience
Hours: 37 per week
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: 23rd August 2019
Interview Date: 2nd September 2019
X1 Fixed Term for One Year
X1 Fixed Term for 6 Months (Maternity Cover)
A day in the life of…..
Typical duties of the childcare assessor will be
- Train, coach and deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment of various childcare and STLS/teaching assistant frameworks and standards through a combination of e portfolio, face to face delivery and observations.
- Prepare and support learners to achieve end point assessment on standards
- Supporting a caseload of learners to achieve their programme of learning,
- Supporting learners in the workplace
- Working as part of the delivery team, visiting learners at a variety of sites within the delivery regions.
- Support learners with Functional Skills in Maths and English to level 2 if required.
- Providing information and guidance to the learner and employer about the Early Years/Childcare/teaching assistant frameworks/standards
- Liaising with learners, employers and outside organisations and services, as well as internal staff across the college.
- Completing quality assurance where required
- Working to specific quality and completion of targets
- Completing administrative tasks relating to the role, including enrolment of learners
- Organise and maintain documentation on learners' progress.
- Attend team meetings and standardisation on a regular basis
You will have experience as a professional and a practitioner in the childcare or teaching assistant sector with a genuine enthusiasm for supporting learners to achieve their programme of learning.
It is expected that you are highly motivated, work well in a team and are interested in supporting learners to reach their desired goals.
- You should have a minimum of 2 years work experience in the area/ level you will be supporting learners at, combined with the relevant vocational or professional qualification
- Assessor Award
- IQA award
- It is desirable that you hold a teaching qualification such as Level 3 award in Education and training (PTLLS)
Ideal attributes of applicant:
- Organisational skills are a must, as well as the ability to plan your time effectively.
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
- Knowledge of electronic portfolios would be advantageous but training will be given
Further Information: Job Description and Person Spec
How to Apply
Should you be interested in any of our vacancies please complete the application (2 parts) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you return both parts to ensure your application is complete.
The HR Dept, EastleighCollege on 023 8091 1173