Job Vacancies Details
Assessor/IQA in Brickwork and Carpentry
Salary: £24,504 - £25,966 per annum, pro rata dependant on skills and experience
Hours: 22 hours per week
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 22nd August 2019
Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2019
A day in the life of…..
This role involves the assessment of learners at their place of work and completion of the learners’ portfolios to meet the standards of the Awarding Organisation. You will be responsible for arranging off site visits, assisting the learners with gathering their evidence and supporting them throughout their training to enable the successful completion of the award.
Typical duties of the Assessor in Brickwork and Carpentry will include:
- Supporting learners in the completion of their portfolios
- Undertaking internal quality assurance and completing claims for the learner’s certificates
- Liaising with the Curriculum Manager and managing agents as required
- Submitting regular assessment reports on candidates to the Internal Verifier and attending standardisation meetings
- Attending team meetings as required.
You will hold a recognised qualification in either Brickwork, Carpentry or both and have experience of working in the industry. Knowledge of working with Microsoft IT packages would be an advantage.
- Level 3 Qualification in Carpentry, Brickwork or both
- Hold an Assessors Qualification
- Preferably hold an IQA qualification.
Ideal attributes of applicant:
- Highly organised, enthusiastic, with a keen interest in the construction industry
- Good interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with a wide range of people from learners, employers, parents and managing agents
- Willing to undergo further training and development as required.
Eastleigh College is more than a place for learning; it is a community. We are a highly successful Further Education College employing approximately 500 staff. We offer a wide variety of technical and professional courses, which gives our learners the specific skills that employers are seeking. This includes a wide variety of full-time courses, part-time professional courses and Apprenticeships.
Further details: Job Description & Person Specification
Following a review of the recruitment process we are now requesting references prior to interview – please ensure when applying, you have provided the details of referees that cover the previous 5 years of employment and a character reference.
How to Apply
Should you be interested in any of our vacancies please complete the application (2 parts) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you return both parts to ensure your application is complete.
For further information please contact Eastleigh HR Department on 023 8091 1173