Job Vacancies Details
Salary: £17,895 per annum
Hours: 37 Hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Full-Time / Fixed Term
Start date: TBC
A day in the life of…..
A typical day in this role will involve providing a full range of clerical and administrative support to all structures within the Adult and Online department. This will range from monitoring applications, processing online applications to ensure timely enrolment, preparing reports and statistical data to support the management of the team, preparing meeting agendas and minute taking as appropriate. You will report to the Manager of Adult & Community Learning and the Adult & Online Team Leader. Delivery will include evening admin services twice a week from the remote centres (Wildern, Thornden & Eastleigh College).
- Experience of providing a wide range of clerical and administrative support services to a busy business team
- Experience of dealing with customers face to face, via email and on the telephone
- Ability to prepare simple reports and data as required
- Able to manage own workload and re-prioritise tasks as required to meet the departments business needs
- Good standard of computer literacy including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- English and Maths at Level 2 or equivalent
- NVQ 2 or 3 in Business Administration or equivalent preferable but not essential
Ideal attributes of applicant:
You should be highly organised, and able to manage your own workload to meet the department’s needs. You should also be enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and keen to produce work to a consistently high standard.
Please note that if you have not been contacted 2 weeks after applying, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please be advised that the post may be withdrawn at any point if a suitable applicant has been appointed.
Further Information: Job Description & Person Specification
How to Apply
Should you be interested in any of our vacancies please complete the application (2 parts) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively send an up to date CV with a covering letter
Please ensure you return both parts to ensure your application is complete.
Following a review of the recruitment process we are now requesting references prior to interview – please ensure when applying, you have provided the details of referees that cover the previous 5 years of employment and a character reference.