Job Vacancies Details
Lecturer in Accounting AAT
Salary: Up to £23.54 per hour (unqualified teacher status)
Up to £34.53 per hour (qualified teacher status)
Hours: Approx. Up to 6 hours per week on a sessional basis
Start date: 6th January 2020
Fixed Term until 10th July 2020.
Closing date midnight on 15th December
A day in the life of…..
You will be required to teach and planning lessons in Accounting (AAT) for students from levels 2-4. Working with and supporting team members within the professional studies departments. Supporting and working with learners ensuring their individual needs are met.
- Experience of working in the finance sector an advantage to be conversant with current tax legislation and with SAGE software.
- Experience of delivering IT programmes using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of teaching learners in accountancy subjects would be an advantage
- You will hold professional qualifications such as: AAT, ACCA, CIMA or ACA,
- Ideally you will hold a Teaching Qualification (Cert Ed, PGCE or equivalent), however full training can be offered to achieve qualified teacher status
- Level 2/GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
Ideal attributes of applicant:
Comfortable talking and engaging with young people and adults, highly organised, enthusiastic. Good communication and work well as part of a team. Willingness to undergo further training and development.
Any other info.
This role is for sessional hours for part time courses to support the AAT team.
Eastleigh College is more than a place for learning; it is a community. We are a highly successful Further Education College employing approximately 500 staff. We offer a wide variety of technical and professional courses, which gives our learners the specific skills that employers are seeking. This includes a wide variety of full-time courses, part-time professional courses and Apprenticeships.
Further details: Job Description & Person Specification
Following a review of the recruitment process we are now requesting references prior to interview – please ensure when applying, you have provided the details of referees that cover the previous 5 years of employment and a character reference.
How to Apply
Should you be interested in any of our vacancies please complete the application (2 parts) and send it to email@example.com
Please ensure you return both parts to ensure your application is complete.
For further information please contact Eastleigh HR Department on 023 8091 1173